It’s been a while since the last update but I’m back on it now! Here’s a summary of what’s been happening since the last post. 2011 is going to be a great year for Steven Wilson fans.
- The new Blackfield album is out on 28th March, called Welcome To My DNA. A new Blackfield website has been launched with some sound samples and various tour dates in the UK, Europe and USA have been announced. You can pre-order the album here.
- A small collaboration with Sand Snowman has been recorded for the 100th release on Tonefloat records. “It takes the form of a deluxe cloth bound 108 page book vinyl edition, featuring many of the artists that have helped to define the ToneFloat sound over the last few years collaborating in different combinations.” It can be pre-ordered here.
- 28th February will see the release of a box set on Esoteric / Cherry Red documenting Delerium Records, the label set up by Richard Allen at the start of the 90′s to cater for Richard’s love of psychedelic music. Among the very first signings to the label were Porcupine Tree, who released 4 studio albums on the label between 1992-96. “The Last Daze of the Underground” is a 3 CD box set that includes the rare short version of “Radioactive Toy” (different intro and guitar solo), and the title track of Signify, as well as tracks from many of the other bands that released music on Delerium Records, and a detailed booklet containing the history of the label
- A Porcupine Tree iPhone/iPad app is in the works for Feb/March
- SW’s 2nd solo album will be released in September
- The rumoured collaboration between SW and Opeth’s Mikael Akerfeldt is finally due to be released near the end of this year.
ROABP would like to apologise for any confusion caused by the announcement of tickets for the Porcupine Tree concert at the Royal Albert Hall.
The band’s management were initially informed that the concert would be announced in January and that tickets would go on sale early in 2010 (between mid January- mid February).
For reasons entirely beyond the band’s control, this special concert was publicised much earlier than expected and ticket sales were subsequently scheduled to be sold from the 29th of December onwards.
This meant that ROABP and the band were forced to announce the sale of their allocation of tickets much sooner than intended. In doing so it was discovered that the ‘Arena’ tickets were being sold as ‘Seated’ when the band had asked for them to be ‘Standing’.
It also meant that there was no time to work out VIP packages as originally had been planned. Consequently, the idea of a VIP package was dropped.
While we attempt to clarify the situation, we have removed the remaining tickets from sale, though the Royal Albert Hall and other ticket agencies have continued to sell their share of tickets.
If you joined the Residents of a Blank Planet service over the last few days in anticipation of a VIP package, please contact email@example.com to ask for a refund.
Apologies again for the confusion – we will update you as soon as we have more information.
Please note that contrary to an earlier news item the band have decided not to offer a special VIP package for the Royal Albert Hall show. If you joined the Residents of a Blank Planet service over the last few days in anticipation of this, please contact the PT store to ask for a refund. Apologies for the confusion.
Porcupine Tree will play 2 special shows to close the Incident tour cycle, one in the UK and one in the US. The UK show is now confirmed to take place at the Royal Albert Hall in London on 14th October 2010. These shows will be evening-with concerts with PT playing an extended set – although we can’t tell you exactly what the evening will hold at this moment, the band are planning some very special things that will make these 2 shows unique experiences for everyone.
Tickets for the Royal Albert Hall show will be on sale from 29th December, but please note that the bands are also putting together a special VIP package for Residents of a Blank Planet members – more news on this soon, as well as confirmation of date and location of the US show.
Porcupine Tree is happy to announce its return to Mexico City, on the 14th April 2010, at the José Cuervo Salón. The date for tickets going on sale for this show has been delayed in order to rework the schedule, with a possible change of venue in Mexico City and the addition of some more shows in Mexico. Updated info will be announced shortly.
Lasse Hoile’s full length feature version of the part documentary / part surreal road movie based on the recording of SW’s first solo album “Insurgentes” has officially been selected at this years CPH:DOX international film festival. This will be the world premiere. The film is also taking part in competition for best documentary feature. The festival will take place from 6th – 15th November 2009 (in Copenhagen DK). More news soon. Link to Copenhagen film festival here.
Four new German shows have been added to the Porcupine Tree later this year:
27th Nov : Stuttgart – Carl Benz Arena
28th Nov : München – Tonhalle
1st Dec : Neu-Isenburg – Hugenottenhalle
2nd Dec : Köln -Palladium
Priority tickets on sale from Residents of a Blank Planet from 6th June, general sale from 11th June.
The following additional dates have been confirmed for the Porcupine Tree 2009 tour in Europe:
- 1 Nov / Budapest (Hungary) / Petofi Hall
- 3 Nov / Ljubljana (Slovenia) / Media Park
- 20 Nov / Lisbon (Portugal) / Incrivel Almadense
- 21 Nov / Porto (Portugal) / Teatro Sa Da Bandeira
- 22 Nov / Madrid (Spain) / La Riviera
- 23 Nov / Barcelona (Spain) / Sant Jordi Club
- 25 Nov / Wettingen (Switzerland) / Sportzentrum Tagerhard
RoaBP members can purchase these tickets now. They will go on general sale next week.
The following dates have been confirmed for the 2009 Porcupine Tree tour in Poland:
- 28 Oct / Wroclaw / Hala Orbita
Tickets are available to RoaBP members now.
The following dates have been confirmed for the 2009 Porcupine Tree tour in Germany:
- 15 Oct / Hanover / Capitol
- 17 Oct / Bremen/ Aladin
- 25 Oct / Hamburg/ Dock’s
- 26 Oct / Berlin / Huxley’s
- 29 Oct / Leipzig/ Haus Auensee
- 30 Oct / Nuremberg / Lowensalle
Tickets are on sale now to RoaBP members.